Saturday, July 02, 2005

Yay, me!

I did something yesterday that I hadn't done in quite a while: I rode my bike over 15 mph for an hour.

I did it on the B-G, so while I did not have any hillclimbs, I also didn't have any high-speed coasts, so I think it is pretty fair. I drove down to the topiary dinosaur, got on the trail, and headed east. I rode for thirty minutes, made the next turnaround, and rode back, with no stops except for traffic. I hit the dinosaur at exactly one hour elapsed riding time and had done 15.9 miles according to the on-board computer.

I am hardly ready to fill Lance's shoes, and speed really isn't that important to me overall, but it is a nice milestone nonetheless.

It's rainy as I type this, but it's going to be great by this afternoon. See you at the BBQ!

1 comment:

Ned said...

Hey! We both mentioned the Tour in our posts. How cool are we. I will miss being able to watch hours and hours of it when I come back to the States. Best get ESPN or something, I guess.