Thursday, July 07, 2005

Making contact

Man, what a day.

Good luck, Neds. Good luck, Wheylona and Zalo. Good luck, all of us.

I think that tomorrow's movie will be a cheapie at the Crest instead of the Fantastapalooza somewhere else. I kinda lost interest in standing in line, etc. I'll send out an eletter* tonight.

So, do the poll (that big purple thing on the upper right). If you want to stuff the ballot box, you can vote once each day. We'll put together an expedition soon.

*I have decided to try to popularize "eletter" as the term for a singular communication, reserving "email" for the collective sense, as well as for the process or the system. After all, the postal carrier brings the mail, but we don't say "I got a mail from my mother," do we?


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

And when you get twenty votes for the last option, you'll know it was John. :)

Soapy

John said...

Hey... I voted for GeekQuest. I don't know who else voted for it though! Probably that copycat nihilist Soapy!

Anonymous said...

Has anyone ever been to an Obon? The one in Seattle is July 16th and 17th, and has a beer garden along with the usual Japanese dancing, Taiko drums, food, and of course the point is a celebration for the ancestors. We used to go every year to the one in Olympia, and always had a lot of fun.

http://www.seattlebetsuin.com/

Anonymous said...

Mel,

I'd love to go to an Obon. I'm enamored with Taiko drumming...

It's too bad I have class that weekend. I'll be spending two days sniffing lavendar and peppermint and other such smell-ness...

Courtney