Thursday, July 28, 2005

Moment of truth -and- the skirling of the pipes

Low Cholesterol

Tomorrow is D-Day, or more precisely, LDL-Day. It has been six weeks since my bad report card; we will see what effect biking 400 miles, eliminating most fats and all cheese, and drinking precious little beer will have on my cholesterol levels. NPO for the next 12 hours and I get drawn tomorrow morning. I should have a report on Monday.

Oh, and who's up for pizza and lager at Piecora's tomorrow night?

Highland Games

So, it looks like we'll be making an excursion down to Enumclaw for the Scottish Highland Games on Sunday morning, 7/31. The piping begins at 8:00, dancing at 8;30, and athletic competions at 8:45; I don't know that we have to get there at the crack, but early could be good. I figure that I would want to stay until about 1:00 or so, for the Massing of the Pipes. The schedule and such is here.

So, drop me an email if you're in, and we can carpool, or meet there, or something else.


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You can also stop at the Auburn park and ride and take a bus that leaves every 45 minutes. Info for that is on the official website.

Also, if someone goes on Saturday, I will be at the Welsh club (PSWA-Puget Sound Welsh Association) booth from 1:30-3:30pm.

Pizza tommorow night sounds good, Ill give you a call tommorow.

Jon Myers said...

Are you going to wear your kilt?

Anonymous said...

Wish we could join you in Enumclaw. We will be in Montana by Saturday night. Sunday morning we jump on the Missouri River near Fort Benton to begin our 100 mile 5 day journey. K-men

Anonymous said...

I'm up for Piecora's, however I can't get there until 7:20pm.

Soapy