Saturday, July 23, 2005

Links and Things

(I have deleted all the "technical difficulties" posts. I hope they didn't obscure the links from/about Jimbo.)



Here's a little European geography quiz. I got 39/45 correct, with an average miss of only 20 miles on the ones that I did not get. Try your hand at it!



Here's some info from Mel:
HURLING FINAL - The Final of the Seattle Gaels Hurling League is at 1:30 PM, this Sunday, July 24th at Magnolia Playfield, 32nd Ave and W Barrett, Seattle. This is a great chance to see the "fastest field game in the world." For more information on the Gaels Hurlers or Footballers, call 206-953-8460, visit their website.
If you haven't
ever seen hurling, just imagine basketball played on a soccer field using hockey sticks and a baseball, with all the violence of both rugby and lacrosse, and a scoring system more complicated than football. Sort of like low-tech Irish Rollerball, or perhaps something a little more Mad Max/post-apocolyptic.

I'm going to ride over tomorrow; stop by if you have the afternoon free.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMG, Hurling is on the Blog....it now exists in the universe outside of my mind. Many thanks Walter, I'll see you there.

John said...

Couldn't top 80% or get better than 50 miles on my average miss. Damn that Andora.

Ned said...

I got 39/45 too, with an avg. error of 22 miles. Those damn Balkans! I'm gonna try it again, it made me crack up (laughing, that is) for some unknown reason.