Sunday, July 24, 2005

Mayhem in Mongolia

I just passed a couple of pleasant hours watching a bunch of (mostly) Irishmen whale on a little white ball - and each other - with sticks, while running up and down a playfield. At the end, somebody had won. Mel's preoccupation - personal and professional - with things Americo-celtic leads down some interesting paths. In that spirit, the Scottish Highland Games are in Enumclaw next week - anyone up for a field trip to watch men in kilts throwing a 62-pound weight over a nine-foot bar?

In the interest of full disclosure, I did ride to Magnolia Park, but it was on my scooter. I did 25 miles yesterday, and I plan to do a long trip tomorrow, so I gave myself the day off. Since I started the new regimen, I have done 360 miles in 36 days - and I have 570 left to go, in 70 days.

Action of a different sort was on the agenda last night: Otis and I made it up to Cap Hill in time to catch the last half of X-men 2 with Johnbai and Di on Bai's big screen. Fun stuff, and not just the movie. Maybe we should do Fantastic Four after all...


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

The Max Max photo in yesterday's post is grand, although I don't think he was on the pitch today.

Thanks for watching the game with me today, it was good to chat with you...especially as we get so little time to do so.

Your comments about Dravus and 15th also made it much easier for me to find my way out of Mongolia. I didn't get lost once on the way out.

John said...

Now Mel, were you in Mongolia or Outer Mongolia?

Anonymous said...

Highland Games - yes. Which day? Both days?

Soapy

Ned said...

Toss a caber or two for me! Sorry to miss them ... again.