Tuesday, July 26, 2005

Blog crossover

Having read Johnbai's post on Di's intended marathon movie-watching, I feel compelled to respond. It seems a little koyaanisqatsi to me to be wagering on this like a horse race and winning or losing bragging rights based on someone else's actions. My initial wager was an off-hand remark intending to demonstrate my assessment of Di's singlemindedness. If such a wager ever held any operational validity, it would only be if Di was unaware of (or had forgotten) that the wager existed: her very knowledge of it -- not to mention the hoop-de-doodle a-forming around it -- completely changes the parameters of the wager, in a manner similar to the observer paradox. The race is now between Di and Johnbai, as it were.

So, Di, watch, don't watch; watch 1, or 10, or 20, or 29, or 30. Invite us over to watch with you, or don't. Just don't make it a point to watch videos on my account. And leave time to get out for a bike ride. Here's to a great break, when it gets here.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Do you ever feel like you have entered the room in the middle of a conversation?

How come the cat-thingee isn't oscillating?

Anonymous said...

"Now Billy, did you clean your room? You know Santa Claus is watching, right?"

"If such a wager ever held any operational validity, it would only be if I, Billy, was unaware of (or had forgotten) that the wager existed: my very knowledge of it -- not to mention the hoop-de-doodle a-forming around it -- completely changes the parameters of the wager, in a manner similar to the observer paradox.

There is no Santa Claus. The race to clean my room is now between you and I."

" *sigh* I wish you wouldn't read all those comic books."


Soapy

Jon Myers said...

Uhh?

John said...

So, um, are you welchin' on the bet or what?

Walaka said...

No, Nathan Detroit.

Ned said...

You go, girl!