Friday, July 15, 2005

Poll position

Without going anywhere near the level of my favorite awful site, I thought I'd drop a little animated gif in the sidebar in honor of the wonderful weather we've been having. It was originally from an Italian site, so I guess you can't argue its design pedigree...

So, I got rid of the summer outing poll (and replaced it with a little animated gif poll). Here are the results:



Looks like Johnbai managed to stuff GeekQuest II into first place, so we'll start researching costs on amusement parks and report back.

The melodeon is on its way to Holland! (Michigan, that is.) And a very nice fellow stopped by to pick up the African Woman Lamp last night. This guy really wanted the lamp - I mean, he had a $20 bill in his hand as he was walking up the stairs to the apartment. My batting average was pretty high this go-round on Craig's List -- maybe I'll get the rest of the comics onto eBay this weekend.

Long weekend for Otis: school today and this weekend. So, anyone up for

A PB&J Ride?

We can meet at GasWorks Park, maybe at 11:00 or so, and ride to Matthews Beach, 7.5 miles. (If we are feeling good we can go another few miles to Log Boom Park,) Then we can pull out our PB&J sammiches and whatever other goodies we have in our rucksacks or panniers and have a little picnic. Then we ride back. Yay, bicycling fun! Let me know, but I'll be going out no matter what. (If no one else is up for it, I'll prolly go earlier, though.)

4 comments:

Ned said...

I like that fan, it makes me feel cooooooooolllllll!

Jon Myers said...

How ever did you come across that site? I cannot work out what is more appalling - the guy's beliefs or the fact that he is proud of creating a site like that.

Ned said...

I've seen it before. You must have sent the link or something. I love to hate it!

Anonymous said...

I first encountered this site months ago when I was doing a google image search for "baton twirler." I was hoping to make a collage art birthday card for my mother (she was once a baton twirler herself). As you can imagine, I was quite surprised to have stumbled upon the Barker family page. I did find--in their extensive family photograph section--a lovely black and white picture of a 14-year-old baton twirler in a sequin outfit, but I quickly became distracted and overstimulated by the site. I must say that despite its horrendousness in both form and content, it has a bit of charm for me in the so-bad-its-good movie kind of way--or as Ned says, I love to hate it! Bizarre stuff indeed...

Courtney