Saturday, March 01, 2008

The opposite of pre-dawn

Y'know, there's nothing quite like sitting in the near dark, working or writing in a small pool of light and listening to Amanda Wilde and The Swing Years and Beyond on a Saturday night. Otis is tucked up on the couch with her grading; I just finished a stack and can get back to the important work of havering into the blogosphere.

Yesterday, we did some morning errands and then spent most of the midday at the hospital, breaking for a late lunch/early dinner at Ballet. I took some time to try to make a meet with a guy selling one of these computers, but we never hooked up. This might be the universe's way of telling me I don't need another electronic thing, but maybe not.

What do you think? Since I like to carry my internets with me all the time, should I get a separate, totally small, totally compact, made-to-carry unit, or should I just keep hauling around my MacBook, which is my primary computer?

Friday night was a Big Wall Double Feature. The first movie was an animated version of the Justice League: check out the video review by Soapy, Johnbai, Yojimbo, Dingo, and Ned on my comix blog. Yoijimbo and Soapy had to leave at intermission, but the rest of us watched Last Night, a Dingo-recommended Canadian end-of-the-world flick with Sandra Oh. It was pretty cool: thoughtful and quirky and complex, and completely plausible regarding human beings without any attempt to explain its scenario in any detail.

We had a bit of an encore this afternoon, as Ned and Dingo met with Otis and I up on Cap Hill for a session of work/play at a wired cafe. Afterwards, it was off to the hospital for another visit.

Patient status: I think we may have secured a foothold on stability; a still-miserable stability, but progress of a sort nonetheless, even though the medicine men seem to be fresh out of ideas or plans.

Now, I can hear somebody using brushes on the snare to accompany a muted trumpet, so I think I'll sail along...

No comments: