Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Collage

Laptop trifecta: Otis had a very busy schedule, with appointments spaced out all day. So, after brekkies, I headed out to do errands and stuff, and wound up hanging at 3PB/R doing some work. Then I came home for lunch and headed out again afterwards on a quest, after which I wound up at the Broadway Tully's, doing some more work. Then I came home for dinner, and hung about upstairs during Otis's last appointment, and now we are both out at the Cowen Park Grocery here in the RD, working together. Ain't wifi grand?


Last night, we tried to watch Winged Migration, but even though it was chock full o' birdies, it didn't catch Otis's fancy (unlike Wild Parrots of Telegraph Hill or March of the Penguins). The bird photography was stunning, but the overall narrative seemed disjointed and the score was a bit uneven, and the whole thing didn't hold together.

Department of zeitgeist: Check out this link - you get the last fifty pictures uploaded to any LiveJournal. Hit refresh, and it does it again. Since there are like a gajillion emo LJers, it changes all the time, and you get a real instant snapshot of what's up at the moment.
Cool Aussies: John Clarke and Bryan Dawe are two Australian satirists. Clarke plays various public officials (without ever imitating or caricaturing them - he always talks the same) and Dawe is always the interviewer. I think their stuff is just great. Here's a piece on Iraq ...

Clarke and Dawe on Iraq strategies


... and here's one of the funniest things I have ever seen, from a while ago, after an oil spill off Western Australia. I'll use this in a critical thinking lesson soon.



I wonder if Stella is back from L.A. yet?

1 comment:

Lonnie said...

J and me watched winged migration and really dug it. I hear what you are saying about the audio- but the video was captivating enough for me. How did they get some of those shots?