Thursday, March 20, 2008

Damn and blast

So, I just ran the numbers on my income taxes. It's not pretty. If I make the maximum deductible IRA contribution before April 15, it will shave almost $400 off my tax bill, but that still leaves a lot to pay. Oh, well. I knew it was coming, and other than the $700 million a day spent on the damn war and the fact that unlike most of the rest of the industrialized world we don't have universal health insurance, I don't really mind paying taxes.

My tax bill for 2008 should be a little lighter: I just got the news that my Spring comics class at Antioch has been cancelled for underenrollment. Poof - out the windows goes a chunk of income. Poof - say goodbye to the class I've been waiting to teach for a year. Le sigh.

Any good news? Well, I shaved my goatee. Here's the new look:


Yeah, I don't like it much either. I guess we can't put that one in the good news column.

But the sun came out today while Otis and I were in Edmonds to stop in at her pal Binky's showing in an art walk. That's gotta count, right? Right!

3 comments:

wheylona said...

Sorry to hear about the comics class cancellation, my dear. But do put your super spiffy new blog look into the good news column--I really like this latest incarnation; tis perhaps my favoritest of incarnations.

And the invisible goatee is throwing me for a loop, only because now you remind me of somebody else but I cannot for the life of me put my finger on who...

Anonymous said...

Hulk Hogan.

ReadyToShelve said...

Dye that patch of hair below your lower lip. Or grow connecting lines between the bottoms of the handlebars and the soul patch, like a capital W, then color the whole thing red. People will ask what it means. That's when you shout, "It's a W! THIS! IS! WALAKAAAAAAA!!!"

Your new color scheme is like the exact opposite of Let's Not Talk About Movies.