Friday, March 07, 2008

Beany, but no weenie

I haven't posted a coffee shop picture in a while. This is The Green Bean, a cool, socially conscious, give-money-to-causes coffee house up in Greenwood. I am hanging out here while Otis is at her writing group, before we go out for dinner tonight.

While I was in Ballard, I went to the FedExKinkos to send a fax (how quaint!) and passed by a sign for Arcane Comics. I cruised by on the way back, surprised that there was a comic shop in town that I didn't know about! And it has been around for almost four years, so I have no excuse. The staff there was pretty friendly, the store is well-kept, and there's a pretty good selection of mainstream stuff; there was also a pretty strong fanboy vibe around the place, but that's not unusual. Anyway, it's nice to have another option, I guess.

Hospital update: Our visit today coincided with that of the "team," the doctors who are looking after Pater, so we got to hear things from the horse's mouth, as it were. Upshot: the doctors are finally beginning to feel optimistic; the patient isn't so sure he's ready to celebrate. Things are still moving very slowly, which, IMHO, is a Good Thing.

OMG: At start, no has lyte. An Ceiling Cat sayz, i can haz lite? An lite wuz. The lolcat Bible.

2 comments:

"Yojimbo_5" said...

Re: the cat-god.

Alas, this is my nightmare.

Ned said...

I fear we would all be doomed ... except for those who realize that we're all just deluding ourselves if we think cats don't already rule the world.