Friday, March 28, 2008

Well, that was nice break

So, I got up early this morning and uploaded the final group of assessments of winter quarter to the Antioch computer by 8:00 am or so.

At 1:00 pm, I was in my office on campus, working on syllabi for spring quarter.

Wow - a five-hour spring break! I did well this year.


Last night, Otis and I finally ogt around to watching The Squid and the Whale. We both really liked it. I came away with two main responses: one, it could be compared (favorably) to Igby Goes Down, only with neurosis in place of psychosis; and two, it was structured more like a long poem than a short story - there was a narrative arc, but not a lot of transitions or sequencing - it was more a series of moments or episodes. Well done movie-making all around, and I like Laura Linney more the more I see her.


Tonight, Otis and I had dinner up in Bothell with Jimmy the K and Jay - some good thai and great times catching up, especially since we missed most of the birthday bash the other week.

No comments: