Monday, March 31, 2008

Fantastical!

... only cuz the soundtrack from Fantasia is playing as I write this...

Well, it was work-time today! Otis headed off to a writing group, so NatDog* came over and we prepped syllabi for a chunk of the morning before she headed back to ill (hungover?) Tom-Tom at lunchtime.

Otis and I made an expedition ofthe afternoon, trekking up to Volunteer Park to enjoy some of the surprising sunshine today. We wandered off into the cemetery, to look at the Lees' graves (first time since GeekFest One, so long ago) and to enjoy the quiet. Here are some snaps:


Some graves get flowers... this one reminded me of Johnbai in both subject and composition. (Click to embiggen.)


Variant spelling, but nonetheless...


Otis thought this name was funny worthy of note...


Spooky cemetery eyes...

After the graveyard shift and some Cap Hill TCB, we headed over to Ballet for dinner, and were joined by Dingo, Johnbai, and O for some impromptu camaraderie, snug away from the hailsleetsnowrain that followed when the sun went away. It was just the kind of spontaneous connection with people I care about that can just make my day.

*NatDog's name came up in the convo at dinner and she was on the receiving end of little grief for her numerous guest appearances on this show. I checked, and this will make her sixth supporting role in the last ten episodes, so make of that what you will.

1 comment:

John said...

It's difficult to tell, but I believe that was an Indian Pale Ale on the grave marker... NOT my favorite kind of beer. I'm offended to be associated with such an act!