Saturday, March 15, 2008

Week's end begins

Shortly after yesterday's post, NatDog came by for brunch before she and I headed up to campus for A Very Important Meeting. We managed to occupy most of the day with semi-fruitful work before Nat dropped me off at Camp Putnam on the way home.

Otis was already up in LFP, greeting Pater on his release from Virginia Mason Prison Hospital. Hurrahs were hurrahed and we fussed a bit getting everything set for his back-at-home before heading back to the RD.

We had a splendid dinner with Lon and Jules at the India Bistro. The food was great, but hanging out and swapping stories was the greater fun. Lon is working up to running a marathon; you can check out his progress on his weirdo "Windows Live Space" blog - he even includes a cool map once in a while.

After dinner, Otis and I left the cats on their own and headed back to LFP to spend the night - a little welcome-home slumber party. We slept well on a king-size guest bed, wondering how many cats it would take to feel crowded out (my answer: one). After a hearty breakfast, we came back home to while away a rainy day.

One of my whiles was a video chat with Wheylona. It was great to see and hear her after a long gap in communication. She's got all kinds of schemes and dreams afoot, so who knows what we'll hear from her next!

As I was started this post, I got a call from O, who was kicking around at loose ends, so I zipped on down to the U-District to meet her for a cuppa. After a couple of false starts, we settled on Nanung, and as I am typing these words, O is walking in:

1 comment:

John said...

Dang, who's that hottie hanging out with you Walaka?!