Monday, March 10, 2008

The night of spending wildly

So, the day was fairly typical. I went to campus, did sidework, and held class. Otis went to a writing group and visited the hospital. NatDog gave me a ride home and Otis had some yummy quinoa and tofu waiting when I arrived. Then we started hemorrhaging money.

Our DVD player gave up the ghost after making threatening noises for a week or so. Ned had already reserved the hall for a Spectration, so we went out and got a new one. (They're actually cheap these days.)

Pater P might be coming home soon, so we need to get the Compund wirelessed up. We have a Linksys router, but the power pack is bad, and since I couldn't find another compatible power pack for love or money, we got a new router while we were at the big yellow big box. (They're actually not as expensive as one would think.)

Then we stopped at the grocery store on the way home, since we have been eating out a lot because we have no food in the house. Well, a benjamin-and-a-half later, we've got food. (Actually, twenty bucks of that is for ever-lovin' razor blades - sheesh!)

Ah, it could be worse.


Is anyone else really tired today? Is it the one-hour time change that's affecting us so much?


Wow, it seems that we have let the D&D genie out of the bottle! (Are there geneies in D&D? Probably djinns.) What with all the comments on blogs and separate emails flying around, this is turning into a major production... hmm, maybe we'll have to start a blog for it!

In this vein, here's a pretty comprehensive article in Wired about the game and its creators.


This one is mostly for Jon of Monmouth.

3 comments:

Ned said...

I kept falling asleep ALL DAMN DAY! So much for my get up and get my translation done so I can play/relax in the evening. It's 10 p.m. and I've still got lots to do. DST sucks!

"Yojimbo_5" said...

It does suck...approximately an hour!

Anonymous said...

I never really know what time it is anyway...

And I must rebut the message you left for me. I didn't say that I would come to the Justice League screening. I said, let me know when it is, and I'll try to come. But it was unfortunately scheduled at the same time as a performance in Fremont that I was a part of. But I'll be back soon and hopefully will have wheels.

Scotty