Saturday, March 08, 2008

Loquaciousness

Yeah, I know I already posted today, but what the heck, that was hours ago. Otis is on an art jag, the radio is playing those swing classics, and I'm tossing back a PBR with my late-night delivery pizza, so I'm feeling expansive.

Did I lend my copy of Julius Knipl, Real Estate Photographer: The Beauty Supply District by Ben Katchor to anyone? I can't find it. It looks like this:



Shortly after the last post, I was met by Johnbai and, later, Dingo, up at the Tully's. Then, after dinner, Otis and I hooked up with Johnbai and Sachet at Pho Cyclo. I just love visiting, and it was great to get a chance to spend some time with our Canadienne pal. Too bad she's here for such a short stay. Otis said I got my social jones filled.

So, the recent spate of interest in D&D has persuaded Johnbai to dust off his rulebooks and play Dungeon Master for a game or two, if we can get three or four more players. I'll be bringing my Neutral Good Dwarf Bard self to the adventure; who else is up for it? (And no, I have never played D&D before in my life.)

Of course, if we do that, we'll have to make sure this doesn't happen to us.

Here's a picture of a Dwarf Bard:



Hey, don't forget: spring ahead at 2:00 am! We move to Daylight Savings Time overnight!

5 comments:

Ned said...

Um, I guess I've kind of always been kind of curious about what this D&D business was all about, so maybe I might be interested in giving it a try. (She said decisively.)

John said...

Alright, but if girls are going to play, they have to promise not to snicker the whole time.

Ned said...

It's chick-fearing comments like that which'll gain you a whole lot of snickering, nerd boy. So, if you boys refrain from them, I promise not to issue girly snickers (except maybe to myself during potty breaks).

John said...

Well, the way we used to play included long and involved narratives about how we would oil ourselves down before battle, and shave our bodies clean by scraping the edges our swords against our well-annointed and glistening forms. And how all us men would huddle together near the fire, intertwining our naked arms into a circle wreath around the spit of venison which we would later eat with our bare hands... and then we would urinate heartily in a wide circumference of our camp, to warn away certain bestial predators. At last, we would collapse in adventuring fatigue, spooning each other to stay warm beneath the brutality of the cold cold moon and the uncaring stars.

When I look back at it... it all does seem a little homoerotic.

Ned said...

So I take it guffaws are allowed?