Friday, February 29, 2008

But why didn't I post on Thursday?

Not for lack of time, I guess. I went into campus in the morning to work, and then bussed it straight to the hospital after lunch, and hung out there until early evening. We came home and fussed around with house-stuff all evening. So, maybe it wasn't lack of time, but lack of substance.

I have hinted a few times about moving this from being a strict diary-blog to include more essays (which I used to present from time to time). I have a couple of ideas; maybe I should ramp them up a bit.

But for today, at least, I'll just thank Yojimbo for reminding me that it is Superman's birthday today:


Although Superman does have a birthday every four years, by editorial fiat he is always 29. I will remind Yojimbo of what I told him on his 30th birthday many years ago: "you are now older than Superman and can never have any fun again." It's clear we have all proved that particular conclusion to be false.

No comments: