Thursday, February 14, 2008

I should go back to bed...

... but instead I'm having a cup of tea in the still-dark. Man, just like old times.

It's been a heckuva teaching week. Cramming all my in-class hours into three days is convenient in some respects, but a little trying in others. It's mid-term, so the rubber is meeting the road for the students and for me. I had a come-to-jebus meeting with my one class that hasn't quite got the hang of on-line learning; another class is doing well, but there's just so damn many of them the papers never seem to end. Antioch is chugging along nicely this quarter. I think I may actually meet my goal of being completely on top of stuff my Monday.

Activities will be slightly interrupted by the resettlement of Pater Putnam. He was released from hospital yesterday for his however-many weeks of convalescence at home. I need to stop by there today and get some wireless internets installed. If anyone is interested in donating a casserole to the cause (since Mater will have to be going back to work soon) it would be most appreciated. (Note: it does not have to be an actual casserole; any kind of eating thing that can be just heated up would be good.)

Update 10:33 am: Apparently, it's back to hospital! Not a good night, but more concerns about patient care than anything else.

Wow - it seems like forever since there's been actual content on this blog. Maybe that's good; maybe it means this will switch from a diary-blog to something else, a place for elegant and exquisite essays, perhaps. Or a pure link-blog. Or a comic strip. In any case, let's not attempt too much today.

Hey, go click on my minicity again. Go everyday. Leave a note on the bulletin board. Let's see it get bigger.

In other clicky news, I got this email recently:

A favour to ask, it only takes a minute....
*
I * 6 * Y

Please tell ten friends to tell ten today! The Breast Cancer site is having trouble getting enough people to click on their site daily to meet their quota of donating at least one free mammogram a day to an underprivileged woman. It takes less than a minute to go to their site and click on 'donating a mammogram' for free (pink window in the middle).

This doesn't cost you a thing. Their corporate sponsors/advertisers use the number of daily visits to donate mammogram in exchange for advertising.

Here's the web site! Pass it along to people you know.


http://www.thebreastcancersite.com/

So, I've put a bookmark up on my toolbar, to click everyday, along with all the webcomics I read. And my minicity.

And on this day, let us raise a glass in the memory of Highball the German Shepherd, the only survivor of that unpleasantness in the SMC Garage.

1 comment:

Ned said...

You can also get there via the Hunger Site link on my blog sidebar. Personally, I've just made it my home page and merrily click away when I open Firefox each day.

Care2 is another good site. If you're going to do some shopping, click onto sites such as Amazon through there and give the folks some cyber credit.