Friday, February 01, 2008

Quick cuts

Did I mention that Selkie has transformed himself into Rocket Raccoon? Just now, I saw him climbing through the cat door into the balcony, and before I could over walk from the kitchen...

... sorry, I just got interrupted there. Before I could walk over, he had already launched himself off the balcony, landed on the shed roof, and jumped down onto the fence. He walked away, loaded for bear and looking for trouble.

Apparently, he found it. A minute ago, as I was typing, I heard snarls from outside. I checked the window, and our across-the-alley neighbor, Red, was coming out of his house. I think Selkie was over there clobbering Red's cat (which he does from time to time - one night Selkie and Mountie tag-teamed the poor critter). Anyway, he came trotting over and came back inside. Sheesh.


So today I slept in until the decadent hour of 8:30. Man, it felt good. I took care of a little busienss, and then Otis and I headed up to Cap Hill for some Pho Cyclo and then to Madison Park to do a little work in a different Tully's, and I now have a sweet little syllabus for my spring class, Comics and Graphic Novels: Literary Technique in Sequential Art. (I also have a nice proposal for a learnign community for next year, Pink for Boys and Blue for Girls: Research into Sex and Gender Differences.)


After dinner, we headed back to the hill to catch The Savages at the Harvard Exit. We both thought it was a wonderfully real story, about real people, moving and thoughtful and well-done. Both Hoffman and Linney were great.


G'nite!

2 comments:

JJ said...

Hi--sounds like a nice day. I slept in until nearly noon, so I wasn't thinking your 8:30 was so decadent after all. I ran some errands and then had a little time at home before getting ready to go out for a wine tasting. When I got back home after the tasting, I logged on to my blog to find my first comment by a total stranger--a funny feeling. I was going to ask him how he found me, but when I looked at his last few posts and read some of the comments on his blogs, it became apparent that he makes a habit of visiting blogs and leaving comments for people he doesn't know--a good strategy for getting new people to look at his blog to read his stories--he's an aspiring writer. How often do you get comments from strangers? It's kind of a funny feeling--do you get used to it?

Walaka said...

On this blog, not so much. On my comics blog, yeah, all the time. It's actually what I'm after, so it doesn't feel weird at all - I've made some nice blog-friendships, too!