Thursday, February 21, 2008

Returning to something resembling normalcy


Dig the kooky facegear. I snitched it from the hospital room (it's disposable, they came in a box like kleenex). I'm still trying to figure out an appropriate venue to wear it.

Other news from the hospital: guarded optimism is the watchword. Things are looking up, but let's not push it.

Otherwise, today was a standard non-teaching day: reading, prep, and meetings, blah-blah-blah. I put dibs in for my schedule next year: I got decent times and a few classes other than 101 and 102, so that's cool. And we did get a nice social call from NatDog, after our visit to Pill Hill and her evening class. An hour or two of tea and sympathy makes the day a little sweeter.

Speaking of next year, I'm finding it a bit difficult to live in the present moment. I am excited by Spring, which will be my all-comics quarter (I will be using books about comics and/or graphic novels in all my courses), and I am already thinking of ways to spend my first summer sans teaching. So far the ideas are:

Buy and run a hot dog cart.
Ride up and down the B-G every day in a recumbent bike and trailer rig
selling power bars and energy drinks.
Write a novel.
Start a Ph.D. program.
Ride my scooter the distance a tank of gas will take me each day
until I circle the state or something.
Finally learn the ukulele.
Go to the San Diego Comic-Con.
Ride my bike to Vancouver.

Any other ideas?

9 comments:

Courtney Putnam said...

Take your sweetie to Bali?

Jon Myers said...

I vote for Bali.

Ned said...

Bali!

wheylona said...

Well, Bali sounds quite fine, though I'd also like you to come to SanSe. :-) But given that I don't even know if/when I'll be here, that's more reason to go to Bali.

Hey, did you get your colored ardi stickers? When stuck, I want a picture!

John said...

Wear the face mask...

when you want to scare the crap out of people. Man, you look scary in that thing!

"Yojimbo_5" said...

Learn the ukelele.

It was George Harrison's instrument of choice 'til the day he died.

I would say the Comic-Con, but I'll bet you'd have to stay in Mexico at this late date. I was going to suggest going to Wondercon this weekend (they're debuting the vid of "The New Frontier!!"), but hey, things come up.

Ned said...

Ohhhh, Messico. I wanna go to Messico. Let's all go to Messico (since you've told us Bali's out, spoil sport)!

Or Spain. I'll be in Spain in July! And Ingerlund.

ReadyToShelve said...

Less go bowling as a warm-up for Bali and Messico.

Ned said...

Because you know they do a lot of bowling in Bali. Is national sport!