Saturday, February 23, 2008

Dawn Searlylight

You have met Ms. Searlylight, haven't you? She and I are old pals. (I was thinking of title for this post and I thought that would be a funny character name for someone in a story. But I don't think it's a real last name...)

The acrocat used his window egress sometime last night and spent the evening outside, so I actually managed to sleep through all the way until about 6:15 this morning. If felt good.

Yesterday I wasn't on campus long, just enough to do some work on my tenure portfolio and meet with my teaching lead. When I came home, Otis and I bussed it up to pill hill and spent the afternoon at the hospital. A little backsliding, but perhaps not as much as before. It still goes slowly.

We came back via the U District so I could pick up a held item at Zanadu and then walked the rest of the way back home. We had time to feed the cats and catch our breath before we headed out to a late dinner in Ballard with Kris-10 and Bizzzzzznessssssman! We enjoyed comfort food (pizza and cupcakes) and caught up after way too long.

The weekend promises some work for both Otis and I and maybe some play, too. The dawn seems hopeful, anyway.

No comments: