Monday, February 25, 2008

Plugging along

So, I managed to get through yesterday without doing a huge amount of work, and I thought I was fine, until I got into my office today and realized I had left an entire pile of to-do off my to-do list. Le sigh. So, after a longish day today, I'll need another long day tomorrow to stay on top of stuff. Blah.

Patient update: yesterday was shite, but we'll put today in the win column. Pater was feeling much stronger after a blood transfusion overnight, and the new team (of internists instead of surgeons) actually has a plan*. And it might even work. Here's hoping!

Missed most of the Oscars; buzz was it was kinda bland anyway. Sorry about no more Oscar parties lately... I wonder if and when that three-year streak of fabulousness will ever be repeated.

Speaking of Big Wall Events, I'm getting a free DVD for shilling the new Justice League movie on my comics blog. The geeksters amongst ya might expect an invite to a screening.

*So which is funnier: the oft-repeated "subtle and cunning plan" cliche from Black Adder,
or Kevin Bacon's enthusiastic "I got a goddamn plan!" at the end of Tremors?

2 comments:

Ned said...

Anything with a weasel in it automatically wins, new rules. I don't remember the 'subtle' part, though, but it's been a while.

Was so excited to finally get to watch t'Oscars, had forgotten how generally boring and self-congratulatory they are. Still, got a lot of (stone)work done!

Anonymous said...

I'm in town, so if you do a wall thing, give me a call and I'll try to be there.

scotty