Thursday, April 17, 2008

Spiritwear!



Yay! We finally got campus hoodies! They have the UW color, prolly because they were added on to the end of a run of Husky gear, but still!

Yesterday was another longish work day, but my classes are so cool this quarter I really can't complain. Otis even picked me up in LFP so I didn't have to walk after the bus ride.

Today, NatDog took me into work again. More prep and teaching, and an exceptionally pointless meeting in a series of meetings that are never terribly productive anyway. Administrivia and bureaucrap.

Otis treated (and catered) dinner up at the Putnam Compound tonight: homemade sweet potato - onion - garlic mash, Whole Foods herbed chicken breast (for them) and grilled tofu (for us), and salad and veggies. Yum!

Now we're out at 3PB/R, doing the Seattle laptop 'n' coffeeshop thing, figuring out how bad it will be driving through the pass in the snow on Saturday...


Science can be pretty: here, go play with some beads on a string.

Hey! Ze Frank is back on my radar - and he's got a cool new project. I think we should all enter stuff.

Bizarro world news: I read this article from Wired about the Swedish alternate-reality Britney. Check it out and then watch this funky video. Bjork-lite, anyone?

3 comments:

John said...

The new Ze Frank thing seems very cool... but too bloated with contestants. Even if I was willing to find out what Twitter was, I don't think I'd join up. I'd rather recreate the same concept on a micro level... maybe as a fun summer challenge?

Walaka said...

I was thinking the same thing - we could just set up our own site.

I'll add it to the list.

ReadyToShelve said...

I remember listening to Robyn's debut in '97 as I roomed in Terry / Lander Hall during UW's desolate summer trimester. Oh those descending chromatic vocal harmonies on track #5...

That's a wonderful article. Wired never ceases to amaze. Though they failed to mention that you can now buy that very same debut album on Amazon for a penny. Freaking sad.

But more importantly, Walaka, this marks the first time our online tastes have overlapped. I posted the original version of this video on my MySpace page in late '06, and here we see the (much better) new version! Spooky serendipity! :O