Thursday, April 03, 2008

Graphic miscellany

I was cleaning up a thumb drive* recently and I found these photos on it. It looks like they might have been taken from the balcony of the apartment Johnbai and Dingo used to share. Any ideas?










When asked if he had any dietary restrictions to apply to the comestibles at the next D&D session, Soapy said

Yes - you should avoid adding vegetables, fruits, grains, or water. But feel free to use whatever beef, milk, or eggs you might have on hand. I'll bring some Tim's Cascade Hoof Chunks for dipping.

So, for him, maybe we can dig up a bottle of this:


Click for meaty linkness


So, the only question is this: are these two equally awesome, or is one just slightly even more awesomer than the other?






Zeppelins and steampunk go together like potatoes and onions (man, I love me some home fries), and I recalled this cheesy syndicated TV show from a few years back that had both: The Secret Adventures of Jules Verne. The conceit of the show was that Verne merely recorded real experiences and adventures that he took part in. It was pretty dreadful, but it could look good. Here's the credits:



One of the continuing characters was Rebecca Fogg, Phileas's cousin. Here's her promo:



As I say, pretty awful stuff, but I guess they're still repeating the 22 episodes in Canada.


*See the poll in the sidebar.

4 comments:

Ned said...

Ah. Time + the Internets = many amusing websites to trawl.

Anonymous said...

I know your question was regarding common parlance for the USB flash/thumb/key/thingie drives, but I sell them and while I have heard every name for them you have listed, and some very creative adaptations thereof, they are called USB flash drives by every vendor and manufacturer we deal with. So, if you're striving for accuracy, call 'em flash drives; if you're avoiding letting "the man" dictate what you call them, call 'em whatever your heart desires.

John said...

Those pics were definitely from my old balcony.

ReadyToShelve said...

Meat Water! WOOHOOOOO!!!