Friday, April 11, 2008

It's all about me.


I'm coming to you live from the Westlake Center Tully's, where I am enjoying a cup of tea as the start of my day of just-me. The is shining and it's nice and warm; portents, I hope, of a great day ahead.

Yesterday was filled with teaching and with Otis's Art Show (another successful event, by the way, that you can read about here and eventually on Quiet Girl and/or Healing Nest). Today, I am finally cashing in the gift certificate that Otis gave me some time ago for a foot treatment* at the Nordstrom Spa. I will get a whole hour of relaxing while someone works on my feet and calves - heavenly. And it will get me set to wander downtown - I think I will work my way to the Market and the Waterfront, have some lunch, make some stops, and, of course, blog about it.

I already had a great start to the expedition - I stopped at Antioch and had a nice visit with Dahlwoman, whom I hadn't seen in a long time. The walking is great today, too - perfect weather for it. Catch you later!

*The catalog lists the treatment as a "sports pedicure," apparently since putting "sport" in front of something makes it manly enough for guys to do.

No comments: