Wednesday, April 09, 2008

Haven't we been here before?

Otis was up at the Putnam Compound for the evening, so she picked me up at Cascadia and we stopped here at 3PB/LFP on the way home, for tea and wifi. I actually had some B to TC, so now when I get home I can just kick off the Doc Martens and chillax.

Otis and I walked to the Bagel Oasis this morning for brekkies. Get this: after we order, we find that a bagel is $1.00, but a bagel with cream cheese is $2.50. WTF? Now get this: when the bagels come, I kid you not, each one had about a half-cup of cream cheese on it! Seriously, we scraped off enough to make one of those foil-wrapped bricks my mother used to buy. No wonder it's twelve bits for a schmeer! Who eats that much cream cheese? Next time, three bagels, two plain, one with cream cheese, and we'll make out like just fine. But we'll have to bring someone else with us.

All of my classes are full of good students this time around, but my evening 101 class rocks especially hard. They are just digging this graphic novel stuff like nobody's business - and because none of them is a fanling, they are actually approaching the books critically. Cool beans.

Some guy's mobile just rang, and his ringtone was the old-school phone sound (brrrring), just like mine and a few others I know. Is this a growing backlash against complex musical megatones?

Here is the picture that I was considering instead of the Einstein thingie from the other day (this is like a "deleted scene" feature on a DVD):

No comments: