Sunday, April 27, 2008

Another dalai lama day!

Yesterday morning, I headed out into the world early, since Otis had some appointments. I moved the car out into the neighborhood and then started walking the U-District; it was easy to tell it was going to be a great day, weather-wise: blue, blue skies without a trace of cloud and warm breezes, even in the morning.

I wandered around the Farmer's market for a bit; it was still pretty much potatoes and kale, but I did buy a Caveman power bar in honor of the game the previous night.

I settled myself into the nearby Tully's, but before I could get much work (or play-work) done, I got Skyped by Jon of Monmouth! I was doing a George Jetson, sitting and sipping and seeing a pal a couple hundred miles away.

We didn't chat for too long, because I was met by Trots (without Bonnie) for some catch-up visiting. We drank drinks, and walked the neighborhood (meeting Jules, who had shown up at the Market) and onto the UW campus. I was actually starting to get warm in my sweatshirt by the end of our walk.

At lunchtime, I picked Otis up at home and we took some take-away up to Volunteer Park, Dingo had arranged for another park day - badminton, blankets, and buddies. Court2 was there when we arrived (although she had to leave), and we were soon joined joined by Sylvio, Erico, Johnbai, and O. Thus passed a languorous afternoon of lassitude and indolence, punctuated by a bit of badminton and some ballistic frisbee. The weather, while the sun was out, was absolutely park-perfect - here's hoping that we have lots more of these, and that Dingo arranges picnics!

Otis and I shook off the torpor and grabbed a bite of dinner before we slid down to the CD for an open house at a campus pal's new town home (there's some nice stuff going on around Garfield High!) and developed a new covetousness of bamboo floors.

We scooted right home, though, because Johnbai had not gotten all of the world-developing out of his system and wanted another go-round of Settlers of the Stone Age. So we threw together a quick game night: Erico, Sylvio and I played the game with Johnbai, and Otis and O lounged on couches, crafting. It took Johnbai a little less time to beat us than before, but the good times rolled (better than dice).

It was a full, full day of friends and I still made it to bed by midnight. Which was important, since today Selkie wanted to play at 4:37. I wonder if when I tossed him out on his ear (along with his brother) he went and played with this bold little fellow, who I saw later this morning as I was making my tea:

1 comment:

Juliet said...

Walaka, are you our trashcan fairy?