Wednesday, April 02, 2008

Quandaries

So, I'm gonna need to figure this out: On Mondays and Wednesdays, my teaching schedule essentially runs from 1:oo pm until 8:00 pm. It is my nature (or just habit?) to get up pretty early (viz.: this). I don't really know how I am going to structure a day that gives me so much time before I have to go to work. I would be nice to do some fun stuff in the mornings, but it can't be so fun that I can't/won't get back into work mode. On the other hand, I don't want to get to work too early, since the day will essentially be over by the time I get back home.

On Tuesdays and Thursdays, I have class at 11:00, so even if I don't go in early to do prep and grading, it's less disjointed, although if I do go in earlier, I would come home earlier as well.

The other quandary is my biking schedule. Yesterday was the official start of my personal biking season, which was observed in the breach since it was 34 degrees and frosty when I was heading out. I'd like to bike to work on Mondays and Wednesdays; that alone might regulate the time-use situation. I don't think I'm going to start today, though; after two strong years, last season was a miserable mess, and I don't think I've got the chops right now. But I don't want to wait too long, so if the weather cooperates, maybe I can get some miles in over the weekend and start commuting on Monday.

Ah, well, it'll all sort itself out, I imagine.

No comments: