Tuesday, May 01, 2007

You load sixteen tons...

Wow, today sure filled up. It seemed as though I have been working from about 7:00 am, and I'm not finished yet. I filled the morning before class with this and that: work emails, bills, and stuff like that. Then there was class, of course, followed by a whole afternoon's worth of responding, and an early evening of prep. (I did take time out for a nice dinner.) Now, fortified by a latte, I am ready to get the evening's reading.

Tomorrow is the "long" day, with classes morning, noon, and evening; it will be made longer by the second interview at Cascadia in the afternoon. Yes, I made the first cut and meet with the President and VP of the college between classes tomorrow. (So my commute will be Roosevelt, Bothell, Northgate, Roosevelt, Bothell, Belltown, Roosevelt. Sheesh.)

The only other news we have of that calibre is that the roses on the huge bush outside our dinette window are blooming. There had been pink buds for a week or so prior, but this morning we saw at least three open flowers. Oh, and there is a bird's nest on the side of the house in one of the fittings for the electrical power. Which brings to mind the classic couplet:

Spring has sprung, the grass has riz,
I wonder where the birdies is?


Apparently, right here.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You have a second interview with the President and VP of the college? Sheesh, who does the Dept Chair candidate interview with, the governor?
Anyway, knock 'em dead!

Diane

Jon Myers said...

Congrats - my experience was that the second interview was a formality that let the muckety-mucks feel like they had a part in selecting the right person and that I was the only one asked to come. Hope it is true for you too.

Jon

Anonymous said...

I just got email from Cascadia, asking detailed questions about you! SO, you've cleared some other hurdle as well! Good luck!