Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Now this is what I'm talking about

In the seventies today and hitting eight tomorrow. No more excuses for not being on the bike if this kind of weather continues! Seriously, I have made a bad start to the biking season, and have essentially frittered away the spring. Now that we are in "emotional summer," I hope that I can be a little more consistent. Walks around the lake are nice, but I have to roll some miles.

Yesterday was a long and full day. Otis and I were doorbusters at Ikea; she needed some stuff for her business and we were picking up some stuff for the house. We looked at some furniture, but walked away with what we could fit in one of their yellow bags and were home before lunchtime. Pretty painless. The rest of the day was filled with off-and-on work and walks and errands, and we got to spend a good part of the good part outside, so we'll call it good.

One of the things I did was commit to a seminar down in Portland with Scott McCloud, the subject of the abortive book-signing the other day. I figure that if I am serious about this comic scholarship, I should be devoting some resources to it, so I signed up for an intensive graphic novel class at the Pacific Northwest College of Art. Because I am teaching, I can only attend the two-day session that McCloud will be giving; I wish that I could have signed up for the whole week, but this is a start, anyway. It's at the end of June, after I get back from Vegas.

No comments: