Monday, May 14, 2007

End of the weekend and beginning of the week

So, Mother's day Sunday didn't turn out to be as nice as expected. Otis and I still had lunch in Madison Park with Mater and Pater Putnam, but we did not avail ourselves of the patio seating. It was a nice, if grey, view of lake Washington nonetheless.

The overcast day actually encouraged our respective grading processes in the afternoon and evening. We spent about three hours working in Tully's, had dinner, and spent another couple hours working at home afterwards. But we both got all caught up!

Today, on the other hand, was just a splendid day. I taught in the morning, and then had a catching-up lunch with A-Wo (the artist formerly known as Invisible Adam). Otis and I managed a walk in the sun this afternoon and then the entire Putnam clan came over for pizza to welcome one brother back for a visit from California and see the new (seven weeks old) son of other. It was a merry full house.

Tomorrow is supposed to be summer with a capital summ; I have to teach at noon, but I hope we can work some going out and about in there before the reading tomorrow evening.

That said, here's a little linkfarm!

Bruce Wayne, fat cat capitalist exploiter.

Obligatory cute animal video, with a twist.

A quiz that Yojimbo should ace.

I'm not a gearhead, and I still think this is cool.

No comments: