Monday, April 30, 2007

Rollering and coastering

Click-click-click: I went to Tully's yesterday and graded for almost five hours.

Whoosh: I ran into the coordinator of the English program at Cascadia and took away a good feeling about my chance in the selection process.

Click-click-click: Otis and I went to dinner with her folks at Tutta Bell, over on Stone Way, and were completely forgotten by the wait staff, literally: our guy went off duty and didn't get anyone to take the table. Finally a waitress noticed that we had been abandoned and took our orders.

Click-click-click: I found out this morning that in addition to the half-dozen or so interviews on Friday, the selection committee at Cascadia is interviewing another five candidates on Tuesday.

Whoosh: I met with a colleague from Antioch to plan for a guest-teach on comic books in her Communication Design class this Saturday.

Click-click-click: Otis and I go out to run errands and come up empty on just about everything.

Whoosh: Otis finds a really cheap file cabinet and I pick up a used laptop from a guy in the neighborhood.

Click-click-click: Otis and I come home and put her new file cabinet together.

Whoosh: It's all good.

No comments: