Sunday, April 29, 2007

A surfeit of salsa!



Salsa Saturday was such a hoot that we didn't even get the camera clicking until after it was over: all we can show you are the labels for some of the salsas that were shared! The crackling of corn chips and the sizzling of quesedillas filled the air as the assembled dug in to the spicy repast. Muy delicioso!

The revelers last night comprised Stella, breathless from a long day of doctoral research and socializing; Sairey, Stella's roommate from Ireland, who brought brilliant crack to the party her first time with us; Della, returning to the fold after too long away; J-Force, in a particularly bubbly mood; and Dingo (bright and sunny in her new 'do by Mr. Silvio), who had to leave too early.

El Santo filled the big screen, wrestling with Martians, but nobody cared. The conversation flowed on its own and that's what it was all about. Sorry some of the gang were busy; the only thing that could have made the night better would have been sharing it with more friends.

Speaking of the gang, I was up in Edmonds on Saturday morning, so I called Sailor Sue, who has been too long gone from activities. We didn't get to hook up, but she filled me in on her latest news: her deanery has been changed, and she is now in Dean of SMACME. It stands for Science, Math, Automotive, Cosmetology, and Mechanical Engineering (or something like that) but it's just fun to hear Sue say "smack me." I dare ya!

(I was in Edmonds for a going-out-of-business sale at a comic book shop, but I'll write about that on my other blog.)

After all that fun yesterday, today will be full of work. Otis has some appointments, and I'm heading off to Tully's with a stack of responding.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It was a wonderful evening, and would have indeed been even more fun with Soapy, Johnbai and others.

As one of the few Irish words I can spell without looking it up, I have to add that Irish crack is really "craic."

Walaka said...

Yeah, what you said - and "brilliant" doesn't have anything to do with "really smart," either (although it doesn't preclude it).