Tuesday, April 17, 2007

An in-betweener

Where does the time go? I taught yesterday, but didn't really do a lot of responding or prep. Otis and I went out shopping for a little while, and I wrote a comix blog entry. And that seemed to be the whole day! What's up with that?

Today, I was making travel arrangements for my mini-reunion with some high school pals and my sister's wedding in July, and then Otis and I took a walk around Green Lake. Now it's time to get ready for class. Huh. I'll have to walk to post office this afternoon to mail the tax checks in. What fun!

Speaking of fun, this Saturday is the big Phinney Ridge Neighborhood Garage Sale. We went last year, and there was tons of neat stuff and some really good bargains. We're planning to head up right at 9:00 am and walk around until lunch or so. If you want to join us, let me know.

Oh, and the Saturday after that, the state Attorney General is supporting a Shred-a-Thon: sites where you can bring up to three bags of documents to be shredded for free! I'll be there, for sure! I've been stacking stuff up since we moved here.

I really shouldn't encourage him, but this is for Soapy.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the Shred-a-thon info!

Diane

Anonymous said...

That cartoon rocks. As does the hidden word. What hidden word, you ask? Why, it's right there in front of you! Perhaps it's a bit... jumbled?

Ladies and gentlemen, on the right side of the cartoon we find the letters

SAT
APR

which stand for "Saturday" and "April." Now gaze in wide-eyed wonder as I rearrange those six letters to form...

SPARTA ! ! !


Soapinidas