Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Hot off the teletype

Dit-dit-dit-da ... Yesterday was a mostly work-y day, with reading and responding taking up more time than I thought they would ... That didn't stop Otis and I from having a great pho lunch in Ballard, though ... Otis has been elbow-deep in grading papers for the high school, anyway ... I did my taxes yesterday, too, and I owe a ton of money. It's not like it was unexpected - I could have paid then or I can pay now - but it's still no fun. I'll write the check on Tuesday night ... Some of the sting of taxes was taken away by a retroactive payment of a cost-of-living increase from the Seattle District on my 10th-of-the-month paycheck. Sweet! ... Today, I taught my morning class at Cascadia in the dark: we had had a power outage on campus. I held a low-tech class anyway, and things went fine ... I taught at North and got all my sidework done, so now all that's left is teaching at Antioch tonight ... I have decided not to interview for the position on Whidbey Island, since I can't imagine what circumstances would have us move there. Nor can I imagine commuting there, Yojimbo's experience notwithstanding ... My Cascadia interview has been scheduled for the 27th of this month; no news from any other schools yet ... Ding!

No comments: