Sunday, April 01, 2007

No foolin'

Wow, instead of a day of rest, this was a day of action!

First off, I met with Stella at Third Place Books Ravenna to do some work on the Access database for her PhD research (and to gripe about work at our common and separate institutions). We scooted home for Taco Del Mar with Otis, and then scurried down to the Neptune to meet Dingo and J-Force for the matinee showing of The Host.

The movie was wonderful, working as a monster flick, a comedy, and a drama - sometimes all at once. I just read a comment by Howard Waldrop (one of my favorite sci-fi writers) who called it the best monster movie since Tremors. I think he hit the nail on the head with that.

thehost

After the movie, we stopped at Trabant for tea and talkies. After a quick jumpstart for J's dead battery, we all headed home. Otis made some yummy tofu stir-fry for dinner, and I prepped for my classes. And look - there's even some evening left!

And we got through this whole post without a lame prank.

No comments: