Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Gotta turn this around!

So, Sunday ended great, with warm weather and a scooter ride and a walk along the Fremont Canal and all that; it was just lovely. And after a fine day at work yesterday, Otis and I went to dinner with Johnbai and O, to send off O's friend H, who was going back to San Francisco. after a weekend visit. Soapy joined us at Tamarind Tree for fine meal, making the mundane task of lending a car for ride to the airport into a festive occasion. Thanks, Johnbai!

So far, so good, right? Well, Otis and I came home and decided to watch a movie: It's All Gone Pete Tong, a Descent and Redemption Tale about a self-destructive DJ. Well, it did the descent part all right: it was an unpleasant, debased, disturbing, pathetic story for the most part, and even the protagonist's eventual recovery did little to take the bad taste out of our mouths.

And I felt like I was getting a cold.

Perhaps as a result, I didn't sleep well. I got up a little late, definitely still feeling cold-ish, and made a big pint glass of Emergen-C, which I then promptly spilled all over my desk. I had to sop it up with my T-shirt.

Now I have a bunch of work to do that I should have done yesterday instead of watching a movie. And it's raining.

So it's time to shake it off, reboot, start over, and get this day cracking! We're burning daylight!

Update 6:51 pm: The day was fine, of course. I got all my morning work done, and had a fine class, and had leftovers from the Tamarind Tree for lunch, and then got all my afternoon work done, and had a yummy dinner, and have all my classes prepped for the week, and now just need to read. So there you have it: not even rain can slow this parade down!

Also update: I fixed the title of the movie up there - there's no comma in it. Apparently, "Pete Tong," besides being a real DJ, is contemporary Cockney rhyming slang for "wrong." So, the movie's title is actually saying "it's all gone wrong." No comma. Live and learn.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You my friend need an aura fluff!!!

Scotty Walsh said...

We burn daylight. That rings a bell. Act 2 Scene 1, Mistress Ford, right? Not to be confused with your classic delivery of "The night is dark..."