Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Pilgrim's progress

e-xx(r)ubj(a)w

So, good times today!

I finished The Ten-Cent Plague this morning; one down, thirty-eight to go!

Otis and I walked down to the Metro to see The Incredible Hulk. Otis loved it more than she liked Iron Man, and possibly even more than I liked it. (I think she's crushing on Ed Norton.) I have to say that it was a well-made, well-paced, well-acted, and well-written movie. I couldn't ask for anything more; even the CGI was pretty good this time around.

I stopped in at Zanadu and picked up Jessica Abel & Matt Madden's new book, Drawing Words and Writing Pictures. It is a self-contained 15-week course on creating comics, with lessons, exercises, and homework. I think the a in scrubjaw just had an identity change: I am going to try to finish the course, or most of it, over the summer. I'll post my homework as I complete it!

And on top of all that goodness, we actually got to take a walk in some honest-to-goodness sunshine today! Who knew?!

And now I am going to try to look at the imaginary giant moon.

No comments: