Thursday, June 05, 2008

In it but not of it

Man, so yesterday was a pretty long day. I did sleep in until seven or so, since it had been such a late night at D&D, but I still went into work earlyish and taught until eight at night, catching the 8:30 bus for home.

Less than twelve hours later I was back on campus at another meeting! I have to stay here until another meeting later this afternoon.

But all of this will end soon; I have taught (qua taught) my last class; the remaining sessions of the quarter next week will comprise student presentations and course evaluations. Of course, I have three stacks of portfolios to grade, but I already have two stacks in hand, and hope to get them done quickly, during this last week.

Then The Summer of Self-Improvement and Self-Indulgence can begin!

We've had loooong discussions within the gang about surviving the post-apocalypse zombie invasion (skin lotion, anyone?) and here's a suggestion from Wired magazne for a vehicle choice in that context. Fun fact: I actually owned one of these cars - it was the only new car purchase I have ever made! Can you guess what it is?

No comments: