Saturday, June 14, 2008

It's all over but the commencing

So, yesterday morning I caught a ride into campus with NatDog, settled in at the office, made my way though the last stack of portfolios, and uploaded all my grades for spring quarter: I am done for a ducat! Today, after I attend the graduation ceremony in the beautiful Lynnwood Convention Center, my contractual obligations all will have been discharged, and I will be on Summer Vacation.

(Of course, nothing is ever so simple as all that, is it? I have two surviving independent study students at Antioch, both of whom have told me that their portfolios will be late - quelle surprise! - so I will have a wee bit of assessing to do when Otis and I get back from the beach.)

I bussed it back from Bothell in time to see Otis before we went our separate ways for the evening. She had an appointment, and then a dinner date and a woo-woo-workshop. For my part, I wandered around and

Hung with Neds at Vivace,
Hit the comic shop,
Had a beer and a giant baked potato at Murphy's,
Cruised the Half-Price Books,
Did a little grocery shopping,
And, even though he was late - encore, quelle surprise! - hung out with Johnbai after his dinner.

Not a bad start to the weekend of the last work week. Let the summer games begin!

No comments: