Saturday, June 28, 2008

Flashback blog collage

While Otis has a morning appointment, I have walked down to the U-district to hang out and do a little shopping at the Farmer's Market. I stopped in here at the Cafe Wannabee and as I did so, I was immediately transported back to my trips to Europe. Maybe it was just the influence of the old photo that Dingo showed me yesterday, but something about the relatively early hour, the heat, the quality of the light, and the aroma of the coffee shop gave me a sense similar to deja vu, just not that I had been exactly here before, but rather that I had been in a place like this at a time like this many times.

Yesterday was quite a rigorous day, a bit of an emotional rollercoaster for more than one person in my ken. Whenever we find ourselves experiencing the times that try men's souls, it's good to remember to reach out to one another for support of any kind. That's the real stuff behind moovie nights and D&D and frisbee in the park. I'm glad it's part of my life. Peace and strength to everyone.

Speaking of RPGs, the GURPS session last night had drama both inside and out. Despite a number of false starts and interruptions, the party really started to pull together and the mood and tenor of the piece is starting to reveal itself. It's pretty cool.

This is what combat would be like if our GURPS game was set in feudal Japan instead of in Renaissance North America:



Cartoon courtesy of the extremely talented Kate Beacon.

Selkie seems to be maintaining and progressing after his treatment and on his diet. I sedated him again yesterday, and when he's stoned, he's pretty cool, but he seems to freak Mountie out. That scaredy-cat looks at Selkie real wary-like, and growls a little, and then takes off for the outside. I wonder if under the influence of the drugs Selkie's true warrior nature is even more apparent, no longer hidden by his deliberate behaviors. Sort of like when Lord Greystoke lost control, the Tarzan underneath came out. It's a fun theory, anyway.

Is this brilliant or what? I have no knowledge of this group, Cibo Matto, but this video is just extraordinary:



Speaking of brilliant, check out this great clock! I just downloaded it as my screen saver. And it tells me I should be getting over to the market!

I'll do a First-Fortnight of Freedom post tomorrow.

1 comment:

ReadyToShelve said...

That video is unreal. Like brain-breaking. It makes me want to shower in sugar.