Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Table the discussion

Monday: drove to LFP, swapped Renty Red for Pater's Big Truck, drove to Lynnwood, picked up the New Table, drove to the RD, unloaded and set up the table (had to take the legs off to get it upstairs!), drove the truck back to LFP, had lunch (first corn of the season - yummy!), swapped back into Renty Red, drove down to Lake City, stopped at the Value Village 50% sale, came home, did laundry, hung out, had pizza with Soapy, and retired.

Today: well, back to normal. Work 'n' stuff. At least it's nice out!

Oh, and is it really the end of the world as we know it?

6 comments:

Juliet said...

I can't wait to be done with stupid, plaintive, alliterative phrases... "Pain at the Pump", "Fuel Fears", etc...

ReadyToShelve said...

Are you saying gas gouging shouldn't create sticker shock and topoff tepidness?

"Yojimbo_5" said...

I have a great alliterative word that goes with "fuel."

I'm pleased to say that starting Saturday, The Rock will be a cheaper place to vacate. Saturday, I'll be able to walk to the bus (for free), ride it to the ferry (for free), take a ferry to Mukilteo (for free), take the Sounder to Seattle (for $4), and walk six blocks to work. I'll have to buy a ferry ticket back ($4) but the round trip will cost me $12.00.

At $4.00 a gallon, I'm saving approximately $8.00 per trip (for now)...and the best part? I'll be doing it in less time...the train beats rush-hour traffic, even the diamond-lane, and I don't have to sit in a long car-line for the ferry.

Thanks, King County Tax Payers!

Walaka said...

Why is the Rock Bus free?

Where do you take the Sounder to?

ReadyToShelve said...

I WISH there was a bus that would take me to The Rock for free. I'd stop by every night just to glimpse the hostess with the mostess.

"Yojimbo_5" said...

1) The Rock Bus is free, because it simply is. All routes, both directions.

2) One takes the Sounder to the centrally located King Street Station--five SODO blocks (they're not normal blocks) to The Agents. Walkable to downtown easily for studio access and downtown theaters. Bus to Virginia Mason.

OR I could take it all the way to Tacoma, not far from The Duplex.