Saturday, May 10, 2008

Freaky Friday

Man, yesterday was tight!*

Otis had a morning appointment, so I went out fairly early and settled in a World Cup for a while. I did some work, but also wrote for while on the backstory for the upcoming GURPS campaign. It was cool to write for myself for a change - it has been too long since I have done that.

I trotted home in time to join Otis and NatDog for lunch. We hit the buffet at India Bistro and then did a little shopping in the neighborhood.

A little later in the afternoon, I bussed it up to Cap Hill to hang out at the Caffe Vitta while Otis was at a writing group. I did some more research and writing and started to feel the project really coming together. I had extended some invitations for company, but no one wound up joining me, so I got a lot done.

Then it was time for D&D - Soapy, Neds, Otis and I all converged on Johnbai's apartment in the evening, together as a party for the first time in three weeks. We had a rousing adventure as Johnbai guided us through troglodyte caves and into pitched battle in a boxed canyon. I got to put my new character through his paces (rolling one critical success with spectacular results) and we all got to work together again. It was great, especially the part when Neds fell asleep.

We got home late and didn't get to bed until after 1:00 am. The best bit was that the cats let us sleep in today! When I got up a few minutes ago, they were both asleep on the foot of the bed. Either there were no pre-dawn attacks, or we were both too tired to respond to them.

Now I just have to decide whether I am actually going to the Emerald City ComiCon today, or if twenty bucks is too high a tariff for hanging around with a bunch of fanlings. (What I need to do is check the actual programming and see what's happening.)

Here's to a swell weekend, one way or the other!

1 comment:

"Yojimbo_5" said...

$20!!!

Only if they raised Steve Gerber and Dave Stevens from the DEAD would I pay twenty bucks!!

Do you know how many ferry rips that is?

Well,...three.

WV: epiizuc=having flashing pictures hacked on your epilepsy message board