Saturday, May 17, 2008

Johnbai is right!

Regardless of what the calendar says and for however long it lasts, it's summertime! The weather is absolutely fabulous for the Garden(ing) Party today.

NatDog and I had to go to campus for some meetings yesterday, but we kept the day as short as possible and drove both ways with the sun roof open. She dropped me at LFP on the way home so Otis and I could do some gardening prep; then we played around in the afternoon on this and that. When we met up with Soapy and Neds and Johnbai's place, the D&D session was held with wide-open windows, and almost felt like we were in a gazebo. We once again went to bed too late, but it was quite a great day.

Wheyona has posted what I consider to be the quintessential self-marketing video. This little YouTube clip is focused on a writer, but with all the independent operators I know trying to establish themselves in diverse fields of art and commerce, I think its truths are approriate for a lot of us.

So, is this a clever idea, or just another sign of consumerism triumphant? (I can get sixty of these with my stimulus check!)

See some you later!

No comments: