Saturday, May 24, 2008

Man, whatta weekend

Okay, so this is turning out nicely.

On Friday Otis had a morning appointment, so I went out to do some work and take care of some errands. I made us a quick lunch before Otis took off for Family Chemo Day with her Pater and Mater. That gave me some more time for TCB until Soapy showed up at about 4 pm for what would turn into eleven hours of RPG stuff, between Soapy and I doing some preliminary work on the upcoming game, the regular meeting up at Johnbai's with Neds and Otis, and then the after-hours bull session with Johnbai, Soapy, and me until 3:00 am!

Nonetheless, I was up at about 7:45 today, even before the cats, ready for this beautiful day. When Otis got up a little later, we went out to breakfast on the way to cat-sitting duties. We enjoyed the sunshine in our little yard cafe and then visited Dingo and Johnbai at O's; Johnbai and I got my scooter roadworthy as well.

In the evening, we headed up to Lynnwood to visit Gweekers and Mikey at Sarry and Warry's place, and to enjoy the first barbecue of the season! It was a festive evening full of kids and dog and food and fun.

Since returning home, I have rescued a bird from its demise at the hands of our warrior, Selkie, and we have dealt with a visit from the raccoon bandit. I'm wondering if there will be any further wildlife adventures before the evening ends!

Still time for me to listen to some Swing Years tunes and to work on some projects, before grabbing the gusto again tomorrow. I think I'll try to scooter between the thundershowers!

No comments: