Sunday, May 11, 2008

More coolness

Yesterday tuned out to be a fairly decent day, weather-wise, which was groovy, because the main event of the day was the Garden(ing) Party at O's new place. It seemed like the whole gang was there or passed through for part of the day, and in support of Erico's manic dedication to the Platonic ideal of a garden and Johnbai's chain-gang work ethic, the scruffy backyard was transformed into a brick raised-bed vegetable garden, and a good start was made on the ornamental. Otis and I moved in and out of the activities - she had Work and I had work to do - along with Sylvio, Andres2, and Moll; Dingo and Court2 were there for the long haul.

(Oh, yeah - I skipped the convention. See Yojimbo's comment on the prior post.)

At the end of the day, O provided a typically sumptuous and thoughtful meal, the perfect close to the daylight portion of the day. I think Sylvio has pictures of the event and the handiwork; we'll link when we can.

Back at home, Otis and I worked on creative projects long into the night.

I can't belive the internets have been so dull that I haven't linked to anything in a long time. Here's a picture of the what the new building on the Cascadia campus is supposed to look like. I think my current office is about even with those people on the walkway, so I should have a great view of the activities. Groundbreaking is scheduled for about a week or two from now, and they expect the building to be in January 2010.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, I did some work on the landscape docs for CC's new building. :)

Walaka said...

Then I expect it to be beautiful!