Friday, May 16, 2008

Ministry of funny walks

Did you ever walk with someone and try to get in step with them, so you do this little step-step-hop-step thing, but their legs are longer than yours or something and gradually you get out of step again, and you have to do it again?

Sometimes I feel that way about daily blogging. I blog every evening for a bunch of days in a row, and then I miss one, so the next day I blog in the morning, so now I'm on a morning schedule for a while, until I miss one of those and I'm back to evenings. Step-step-hop-step, you always wind up missing one.

Thursday was a class-work-meeting day, with a NatDog Trifecta. We carpooled and had lunch on campus, and then she stopped by after work for some kitty-love and to hang out with Otis and RealityMom in the beautiful afternoon sunshine. Yay, sunshine!

In the evening, Otis and I watched Mirrormask, the Neil Gaiman-Dave McKean fantasy. It was visually beautiful and had an engaging lead, but I found it ultimately shallow and unsatisfying.

It seems that most everyone else I know has received their stimulus checks - because they had direct deposit. Otis and I must not have checked that box - although I have no idea why we wouldn't - so I think we have another two weeks before our participation in the redistribution of resources and the re-energization of our unsustainable consumer economy. I can wait.

Now, it's time for morning exercises and getting out into this gorgeous day!


This isn't exactly blogging about cats, but it's close:

3 comments:

ReadyToShelve said...

Dude, I did "Close To You" from Mirrormask at Cineoke a few months ago. The polite applause at the end was preceded by several seconds of confused staring. :)

Don't worry, there might be some fireworks left in the bargain bin by the time you get your check!

Tell me you did not just put my name above a Mr. Safety video. Oh em gee. We need to have a talk.

Jon Myers said...

We still haven't got our checks down here in the valley so I don't think you are the only ones.

Walaka said...

Yeah, it's scheduled for May 30, I just can't figure out why I wouldn't have picked direct deposit...