Monday, May 12, 2008

Mostly bike news

Silence Heart Nest is very busy on Mother's day, even early in the morning. In case you were wondering. And the Fremont Sunday market is still there.

So, this morning I continued on my Bike-to-Work Month biking. I tooled up the B-G mid-morning, and just about at Log Boom Park I came upon a colleague from Cascadia, who has been participating in Bike-to-Work Forever. It was a nice change to spend the last five miles cruising with him and chatting. He showed me the shortcut he takes - fewer miles, fewer hills, but some traffic - so my numbers were 14.6 miles in 1:03 for 13.9 mph.

Otis was in LFP for dinner, so she picked my up and we threw the bike on the rack. Well, wouldn't you know it, as we were driving south on Bothell Way at NE 170th, someone ran into the rear of Renty Red (she thought that traffic was moving through the intersection more quickly than it actually was). We're fine, but the rear bumper is toast, and my poor bike was in the way:


Looks like I need a new front wheel, at least, but I'll have to take it into the shop to have it checked out anyway. No biking for me for a while!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a bummer- so sorry your bike got squished. Glad you two didn't get hurt.

Diane said...

Oh No! Glad nobody was hurt.