Monday, August 01, 2005

What's the opposite of he who hesitates is lost?

I was going to go out on a bike ride to Antioch this morning, but it was cloudy and cool, so I took my scooter instead, planning to bike later. It turns out that was the best decision to have made: the sun has come out and it looks great, so in a few minutes, when Otis goes to her study group, I will be off to run some errands on the bike. As Hannibal would say to the A-Team, "I love it when a plan comes together."

I have been teacher-man today, reviewing papers and such. I also got a call from a teacher at Antioch who seems to want me to team-teach a class
with her for the AUS graduate program in the fall. It's a communication design class, and looks to be based on rhetorical approaches, so it is a pretty good match. I don't want to say no to anything, and my annual budget for 2005-2006 is still unbalanced, but I have a pretty full plate for fall already. I'll have to scope out exactly what she wants.

Otis and I will be heading out for the weekend on Thursday. We hope to do the Oregon coast, and stop in Portland for a show that Lizzie is in, and make it back in time for (drumroll please)

Scotty's Wedding on Sunday!

That's right, our pal Scotty Magic is getting married to a purportedly (by him) lovely woman named Becky. The ceremony will take place in the Pike Place Market at 11:00 am on Sunday, August 7, 2005, and all the buskers and street performers will be in attendance.

See you there!


5 comments:

Walaka said...

The coast will be cool: it will likely be 70 and overcast while Seattle is 85 and sunny. But there will that whole ocean thing.

Lizzie has had leads and supports and minor roles in her pro work - this is minor, I guess: a few small parts in Much Ado.

Scotty didn't actually invite anyone, I think. He just called me and told me about it. I got the impression it was going to be part wedding, part street theatre. I'm not even 100% certain it's for real.

And it's not the weekend yet.

Jon Myers said...

So will you guys still have space in the schedule to swing by Independence?

Anonymous said...

I am still tripping that you've been offered a chance to teach at the graduate level and you have to think about it and wonder if it fits into your schedule. Hello????

Ned said...

Um, since when does the weekend start on Thursday?!

Walaka said...

The weekend starts on Thursday when you are on a student or teacher shcedule and that's when your work week ends.

It looks like we won't be going anywhere anyway, at least for the whole weekend. Too few rooms and too little money at hand. So, it's likely off to Bainbridge instead! We'll still try to get down to Portland for the play.