Tuesday, August 02, 2005

The blogz are back in town

Wow! What a great day - summer was back and things were good. My Cascadia class watched Princess Bride today - it still holds up. I did a lot of teacher-work and taught tonight at AUS - a rollicking good class. Yowza, yowza.

And the blog cup runneth over. Johnbai checks in after a week's absence with another tripblog. Wheylona has reached foreign shores (even more foreign than California) and joins the East-Atlantic corps of our blogging community. Speaking of which, Neds leaves off ranting to show more purty pictures. And Jonbrit adds a shiny new flash clock to his political musings and personal updates. What a swell group!

I have been particpating a bit more in some other blogworlds. There are a few comix-related blogs that I have grown used to reading. One in particular, Absorbascon, focuses solely on Silver Age DC comics - that is, comics from the Superman/Batman/Wonder Woman house from the late fifties through the sixties. This happens to be just the group of comics that turned me on to comics, and to reading in general, and to science, and which formed the basis of the ethical principles that are still important to me today. A great site, and it's the home if Superhero radio, too!

Will Shetterly is an author who wrote one alternate history comic that I really liked, but he's not a "comics guy." He has a classy blog called It's All One Thing.

Alas is a cool co-blogging venture with with a decided leftist/feminist/GBLT twist. I would love to take a whack at a co-blogging deal.

LDL News: I have not heard anything from Group Health. This is probably good news: their practice is to call immediately if things are not good, and to contact by mail if things are fine. I think this means that things are fine; I will post numbers when I get them.



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

"Life IS pain, Princess. Anyone who says differently is trying to sell you something."

One of my favorite lines in movies...or books.

Walaka said...

Have you seen Sky High yet? It has one of my new all-time favorite lines:

"Whatever you're teaching these young people, keep teaching them... it."